Thursday, August 13, 2009

#7 - Normal Life

I realized today that I haven't posted a blessing in a while. On the upside - it means I haven't had such an awful day that I feel the need to blab it all out on here. On the downside - I should not wait until I'm so upset to count my blessings!! How silly of me.
So I'm just flat-out thankful for a normal, calm, easy going life. Things are flowing normally, busy, but normal. I like being busy, I love having people over, I love throwing parties, I love crafting . . . and when I can do it all at one time . . . HEAVENLY!!
Come to think of it . . . I may have been a little too busy lately. Last night, while reading to Annagrace, I realized I couldn't remember the last time that I sat down and read to her!?! That made me a little sad and worried! I don't ever want our lives to become so busy with our own personal priorities, wants, and needs that I forget to do the things that I need and want to do with and for HER! She is only getting bigger, smarter, funnier, and more demanding of my attention. I shouldn't push that aside with my selfishness. She can be a big helper and I need to remember this more often. She loves to help with cleaning and cooking. I get a little overwhelmed sometimes preparing for company and just try to "busy" her while I get the cleaning done. No one cared if my hardwood floors were mopped clean of footprints. Or that the crystal on the shelves were completely dust free. Don't get me wrong Annagrace certainly didn't mind watching Cars, or Mickey, or whatever her pick was at that minute. The point is: She is more important than the footprints and the dust. And if they are so important then she should be there with me having fun by helping me. I love that little stinker (and a stinker she is!!) she is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I need to appreciate her and her enthusiasm as much as I can!

See there, I didn't think I had anything to blab about! And just so I don't win the selfish mother of the year award . . . I did make up for the alone cleaning time.

No comments:

Post a Comment